The secret of School Aid’s success lies in the hard work of its small army of volunteers. If you have some spare time and are looking to be involved with a fun and friendly team of dedicated volunteers, then come and join us. Coffee and biscuits provided!
School Aid is located in Hedgerley Green, near Beaconsfield in south Buckinghamshire. We have a range of roles based at our head office, but we are also interested in developing new sites for collection in other areas of the country, and new contacts with schools in the UK.
New volunteers are trained by one of our experienced volunteers, or by joining a small group. We are always looking for:
- Packers/Sorters (Hedgerley; flexible days/hours: Monday-Friday, 9.30am-5.00pm) To help in a team of other volunteers sorting and packing donations ready for schools in Africa.
- Warehouse volunteers (Hedgerley; flexible days/hours: Monday-Friday, 9.30am-5.00pm) To help our warehouse manager.
- Drivers (flexible days/hours) To drive our van to collect educational resources from schools and other establishments in Buckinghamshire and surrounding areas.
- Computer-literate administrators (Hedgerley; flexible days/hours: Monday-Friday, 9.30am-5.00pm)
- Fundraisers (flexible days/hours) To join our community fundraising team, helping to organise local events throughout the year. Recent events include The School Run and our annual Film Night.
Find out more
To find out more about any of the above positions, please contact Thomas Broom on 01753 883853 or office [at] school-aid [dot] org; our office hours are Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 5.00pm. We can arrange for you to visit our warehouse and meet other volunteers to find out about different roles.